Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sociology

In sociology class I had to do a presentation with my partner. We had many options to choose from like family life, marriage or religion. Since I took religion class I decided to do Islam. The main thing I learned from Islam is the family life. In Islam, the man is seen as the head of the household. He brings in the money and puts food on the table for everyone. The women however is seen as a maid. They have to take care of the children and the husband. They have to cook and clean. It seems they have a separation of power. Also I learned that men are allowed to marry up to 4 wives. To some it may sound real cool, but in reality it is difficult to treat 4 women equally and sharing time with them. Also I learned that the religion of Islam is the joining of Christianity and Judaism, to a certain extent. People who are Muslim believe that Mohammad was the last prophet of God and received 5 pillars or laws to help the people. This story would transform the religion into the second highest practiced religion in the world.

No comments: